Chase Mansion 1885 Brick Italianate Top of Museum Hill Historic Neighborhood St. Joseph (Active)
This beautiful 1885 Brick Italianate known as the Chase Mansion sits on top of Museum Hill Historic Neighborhood with a “Multi-Million Dollar” view of City Hall and its Green space among other valued mansions in the St. Joseph area for having the Best view in town. With 5 Bedrooms each having their own private baths and 1/2 bath on the 1st floor. 2 Parlors (a Ladies and a Gentleman’s) Formal dining room, Large kitchen with Great room and butler’s pantry. A detached carriage house separated by a breezeway/mudroom, Gas Fireplaces, (2 ornamental and 1 is used for a pellet stove insert) Built in 1885 by a prominent grocer by the name of George Kennard, this Mansion was purchased in 1910 by Ernest W. Chase of The Chase Candy Company who invented the famous “Cherry Mash” Candy bar.